How do I order a repeat prescription?
How to place an order for a repeat prescription:
- Online via EMIS Patient Access – Read More
- Arranging for them to be ordered from your local Pharmacy.
- Completing the repeat prescription slip provided with your medication.
- Providing a legible handwritten list of the items (including dosage, frequency of administration and quantity).
Both of the above can be hand-delivered either using the post box located in Reception or by using the external post box outside of normal surgery hours.
Alternatively the completed prescription or hand-written list can be posted to:
- Hungerford Medical Centre, School Crescent, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5HA. Please remember to include a stamped addressed envelope if you require your paper prescription posted back to you.
Please note that our Receptionists and Prescribing Clerks are not allowed to take prescription requests over the phone. This is a safety issue as complex medical terminology can be misinterpreted when spoken over the phone.
Please order your prescriptions in time, allowing 48 hours for your prescription order to be processed… and remember, after receiving your prescription some Pharmacies can now take up to 4 days to prepare your medication for collection.
Occasionally the Doctor may request that you book an appointment to discuss your prescription request.
All patients receiving repeat prescriptions will need to be reviewed by a Doctor at least annually for monitoring and review of their medication.
About the author